Volunteer > Host Family
Host families are essential to our mission
Hundreds of world’s brightest students will arrive to the University of Minnesota soon. Few know God. They are hungry for genuine friendships. If you have an extra room in your home for a week, you can enjoy a very rewarding volunteer experience that can impact eternity. Host families promise 5 things:
- Meet the student at the airport.
- Provide him/her with basic hospitality for 1-7 days in July or August.
- Assist, as able and as needed, in transportation to U of M Campus, getting a bank account, cell phone, and maybe an apartment.
- Bring student to visit HCC.
- Pray for him/her.
- Staying somewhere for free can meet a need while international students wait for their dorm or residence to open.
- There is more freedom for you to represent Christ boldly and openly. Praying before a meal and attending church fellowships can set a valuable example.
- As a host family, you will develop a meaningful relationship with the international student(s) you are hosting.
- Hosting is a great opportunity to reach out to international students while they may feel vulnerable and uncertain in a strange, new place.
Unable to host but still want to help?
Help with airport pickups! Read more here.