Volunteer > Employment
STAFF SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Job Title: Staff Support Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director/Office Manager
Hours: 16-18 hours a week
Hire Date: TBD
The Staff Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and all HCC staff with administrative support via excellence, proficiency and timeliness to assist them in running smooth departments and projects for the benefit of HCC and the mission. This includes but is not limited to creative communications solutions, database refinement, maintaining supplies, and executing special projects as well as greeting stakeholders and students in a friendly, professional, and resourceful manner.
- Enhance the program coordinator’s department growth through support such as creative payment solutions, attendance reports and analysis, and as needed operational tasks.
- Expand volunteer reach through handling volunteer coordinator assignments.
- Assist the office manager through a wide variety of tasks.
- Regular database and communications list refinement.
- Serve as office admin with regular tasks of bulk mailings, phone calls, receiving mail, and other office tasks.
- Welcome and greet visitors with cheerful demeanor, taking hospitable steps to serve their needs.
- Support the staff through creating, updating and sending out communications on their behalf.
- Schedule meetings on behalf of staff.
- Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Office, experience with email marketing software (Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Effective & clear communicator
- Creative problem solver
- Takes initiative in supporting staff.
- Prioritization strengths
Send resumes to Executive Director Tim@hcchinese.org.
|Job Title:||Executive Assistant|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Hours:||10 per week|
|Rate:||$15-$20 per hour|
Summary: The Executive Assistant with partner with the Executive Director in day to day operations. He/she will aid in leading and directing the Hospitality Center for Chinese to engage more students, volunteers, and donors to join us in our great mission.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Partner Advocate
Reports to: Executive Director
Reports to the Executive Director and is a critical part of the fundraising team, building relationships between HCC and volunteers and donors. The goal is to increase overall engagement and to advocate for the passions, talents, and resources of our partners.
● Assist in fundraising communications through, written appeals, receipt letters, thank you notes, phone calls, meetings and other appropriate communications.
● Increase peoples’ connection to HCC by offering connection points to the organization such as volunteer opportunities, tailored giving opportunities, and other special events.
● Make direct donor and volunteer appeals.
● Steward a portfolio of donors and volunteers.
● Assist on tasks with fundraising committee, board engagement, and volunteer coordination.
● Participate in overall data management, helping to ensure that in the total list of HCC contacts, no one is being excluded from connection and all data is being accurately tracked
● Assist Executive Director in development projects as needed.
● Experience in engaging donors and volunteers in the nonprofit world.
● Relational and social capacity (Woo, Includer, Developer, Empathy)
● Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Office and GSuite required, QuickBooks and Salesforce knowledge preferred.
● Demonstrated knowledge of standard office procedures and donor management software.
● Effective communicator, efficient task and problem solver, strong teamwork ethic vital
● High level of professionalism with the ability to draw out the passions and interests of others.
● St. Paul parking pass
● Authorized mileage is reimbursable
● Receptive to flexible hours
● Paid Family Medical leave