Internship and Assistantship Postings
POSITION: Summer 2016 Furniture Associate/Intern
MENTORED BY: Program Coordinator
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the Hospitality Center for Chinese (HCC) in implementing the summer furniture distribution program to benefit Chinese students, scholars, and their families. This is a hands-on servant-oriented role with part-time flexibility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Collect, store/display, show, and distribute furniture; process web applications; correspond by phone and email; set appointments; drive for furniture pick-ups and deliveries; coordinate efforts of furniture volunteers and donors as they assist our guests; find opportunities to advance our mission; and communicate the results in writing.
PART-TIME SCHEDULE, SALARY, and OPTIONAL INTERNSHIP BENEFITS:
1. Position lasts late June or early July through Sept. 10, 2016, including Labor Day, Sept. 5.
2. Shift times are negotiable until published, weekly hours will vary and be heaviest in August.
3. If winning candidate is enrolled in a college/university which grants internships, HCC will help intern qualify for institutional internship requirements and credit hours.
4. Salary: $2,000 for 200 to 240 hours of work, paid monthly on last business day of month.
• English is native language. Ability to speak and understand Mandarin is a plus.
• Committed to the mission of HCC.
• U.S. Driver’s License and ability to drive 7 passenger HCC van and hitched trailer.
• Demonstrates initiative, effective follow through, and good interpersonal communication.
• Ability to uphold policies and communicate policies to others.
• Ability to lift/load/unload basic home furniture periodically throughout shift.
• U.S. Social Security number and documented permission to work in the U.S.
TO APPLY: Download and complete "2016 Summer Furniture Associate Applicant" linked above, email to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Josh Driver, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-659-9740.